First and foremost, let me explain that the Law of Attraction has nothing to do with attracting romance in the traditional sense. It does, however have to do with the concept of attracting positivity to your life with your thought process. So in a sense, it can be said that it is a form of romancing the Universe with thought.
The Law if Attraction has been touted as a New Age form of thinking and has even been accused of having occult ties. Being a Thelemite myself, I can certainly attest to The Law of Attraction having occult undertones. After all, what is Magick? Dion Fortune defines magick as:
…the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with Will.
The Law of Attraction can be best described with this quote from “Ask and It Is Given” by Esther and Jerry Hicks, who have become the absolute authorities on The Law of Attraction in the 21st century:
“Every thought vibrates, every thought radiates a signal, and every thought attracts a matching signal back. We call that process the Law of Attraction. The Law of Attraction says: That which is like unto itself is drawn. And so, you might see the powerful Law of Attraction as a sort of Universal Manager that sees to it that all thoughts that match one another line up.
We are a species that is always in competition with one another yet at the same time, trying to find fellowship along our way on the road of life. What the Law of Attraction does is allow you to take your life into your own control. It eliminates scapegoats and forces you to be the maker of your own world.
What many people don’t know is that there is a branch of science that performs very in-depth experiments on the power of thought. This science, which at times transcends it’s own definition, is Noetic Science. I have mused about this branch of science before and find this science very fascinating. I implore you to click on the above link to find out more.
The Law of Attraction is all about YOU. Even so, throughout the centuries, there have been ‘authorities’ that have made The Law of Attraction a part of their life’s work and is definitely worth the research. Here are some resources to get you going:
- Thomas Troward – “The Edinburg Lectures on Mental Science”
- William Walker Atkinson – “Though Vibration or The Law of Attraction in The Thought World” [PDF]
- Wallace D. Wattles “The Science of Getting Rich”
- The Secret (a 2006 film)
I finally end this post with some more useful tidbits to help bring the Law of Attraction into your life. Use these affirmations by repeating them daily, writing them on the front page of your Moleskine or Planner or setting them as your computer desktop image:
- Everything I need and desire for a pleasant life comes easily and naturally to me.
- Life’s riches come to me as I require or desire them and my life is wonderfully abundant.
- Money comes easily and abundantly to me enabling my life to be pleasant, secure, and filled with plenty.
- I am mentally and physically healthy; well being is my natural state.
- My mind and body are healthy; my healthy, strong immune system keeps me safe.
- My perfect mate is nearby and will soon be with me.
- I am surrounded by people who love and care for me.
- My soul mate is attracted to me and is on the path toward me.
- I unconditionally love all beings, human, animal, and plant.
- I choose to feel as good as possible at every moment of my life; even in difficult times, I remain positive, optimistic, and hopeful.
- The difficult times in my life are brief, quickly replaced by good times and happy moments.
Like this post? Leave me a comment below or join in on the action on Twitter and send me a message @CrystiCouture.