Morrissey graces the cover of the #70 issue of Fusion Magazine, y’all. I wrote about marijuana this month – it was a really interesting article to write; I was able to research the history behind the celebration and eventual stigma behind cannabis, then explain the current […]
Month: April 2014
Now that my mind has settled, it’s high time for a digital spring cleaning of sorts. So much of our lives is spent on the internet or saved on our hard drives – it would be in all of our best interests to do a […]
Normally, these posts are titled ‘A Weekend In The Life’ but so much has happened this past week – good and bad – and so I might as well make an exception for myself!
I had a really rough week. I sometimes have the tendency to be overly melodramatic. Despite this, there were some very memorable positives:
- Attended my first El Paso County Historical Commission meeting.
- Was invited to be a member of the Communications Committee for the Paso Del Norte Health Foundation and also attended my first meeting.
- Was finally prescribed some weight loss medication: phentermine. More on this topic soon!
- Ran my first 5k ‘Run the Jailbreak’ with my beau.
- Celebrated the beau’s birthday without incident. Had a fabulous time, actually!
- Visited the San Elizario Historic District for their Old County Jail re-opening.
- Tried Menchies for the first time – tried to load up on strawberries & mangoes but the yogurt was just so yummy…it was an explosion of awesomeness!
- Bought an El Paso Monopoly set – through the YWCA of El Paso.
- Treated myself to some new running shoes and workout clothes
In work news, I released Episode 11 of The Visit El Paso Podcast last week, giving a nice overview of events in April, an interview with El Paso Live which is part of our organization, and music from local band, Radio La Chusma. Listen below!
I’m thinking about starting an video blog series for myself. I have a personal YouTube but don’t do much with it. Plus, I’m a bit camera shy and the video blogs might make for good practice.
I’ll need to find a topic to talk about – I don’t want it to be too overly TMI, though sometimes I can be ALL ABOUT the TMI! Some ideas:
- 50 Most WTF Crysti Moments (trust me, there might be more)
- Short Thoughts on Thelema & Philosophy
- What It’s Like To Do Social Media For a Living
- My Fitness Journey
We’ll see what happens with that concept. Be on the lookout for some photo gallery posts that highlight some of the photography I’ve done for work! I have never been a photog but with the right camera & a good eye, sometimes my images turn out really beautiful.
Enough about me – how was your week? Have you done any recent exploring? Make sure to comment below or add me on social media and strike up a conversation!